Monday, April 14, 2014

Room tour

Last week I left my lovely bedroom for good. My dad was moving in with his girlfriend which meant that I had to say goodbye to my cozy and private bedrooom and move my stuff to a much smaller room at the other end of town. Yay. The last evening I spent there (before I packed all my stuff) I took a few pictures to remember my room. So I thought I'd share it with you!
I hope you'll enjoy this little post and feel inspired in some way. 

I've spent way too much money on candles this year and I light one or two
every night before bed, it's so comforting.

I have a bad habit of buying fashion magazines even though I haven't finished
the one that came the month before. Although, that means I can sit
down anytime and read them and I never run out of stuff to read.

I bought these two from topshop a few weeks ago. I bought the little night
creme first to make sure I wasn't alergic to it or anything. It is so good, everytime
I put it on I feel so fresh in the morning. I recommend it to everyone.
The tinted moisture lotion is just as good.

I wear this necklace almost everyday which is funny because I got it when I
was 6 months old. It's almost a choker now but it reached down to my stomach
when I first got it. Kind of cute to think about it.

Recently I've gotten into drawing a lot more than I've usually been. I've
always enjoyed it but just recently have I actually bought sketching books
and drawing pencils (4 sketch blocks and 10 pencils to be honest....). I'm not
very good but I like spending my time doodling.

My "bedside table". I am usually reading 4-5 books at a time and last week
I was reading The Hobbit, 3 Icelandic short story collections and poems by
Sylvia Plath.

This is my Vinyl collection. My dad gave me a box filled with old and classic
rock when I got my vinyl player so 98% of those albums are over 20 years old.
I think I have about 10 albums that I've bought myself.

That week I had the Footloose soundtrack on repeat. I have no regrets.


I'll miss my old room but I'm trying to stay positive. That's the only way, right?
Punk hugs,
Maria

2 comments:

  1. Aww, thats so sad that you have to move out. Pinterest is a great way to look for inspiration for decorating a small room. Soon it will be your very on :) <3 The story behind the necklace is very cute also. I love sentimental pieces like that.

    **Sending love from Heart IFB :)

    xo
    Maggie A
    LOVEMAVIN/YOUTUBE || LOVEMAVIN/BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, i'll check pinterest out :)

      Delete