Friday, June 20, 2014

OOTD: A rainy day


Have you ever been looking forward to a day out in the sun just to realize it is pouring outside? If not then you live somewhere far away from Iceland. On the 17th of June there was a celebration downtown due to the Icelandic independence day. It is a day filled with candy floss, jugglers and sweet music. So as you can imagine I was super excited for the first proper summer day. 
I don't think I've ever experienced that much rain. It felt like the end of the world, I'm not even joking. Every other umbrella was upside down. In short, the day sucked if you were being negative.
Me and my friend decided to suck it up and head out to the rain to listen to three of our favorite Icelandic bands and drink coffee. It was so wonderful but at the end of the day we were both soaking wet and freezing, as we expected. 
But what do you wear to a summery festival when it's pouring outside? I chose a brand "new" (vintage) maxi skirt, a basic top and a leather jacket. I added a roomy bag (to keep my umbrella) and a hat as well.
Here is my final look:




Details:

Skirt from SpĂștnik
Iphone case/wallet from Ebay

Ring from Indiska

Hat from H&M

Vintage necklace

Vintage bag
Punk hugs,
Maria

1 comment:

  1. I like how you styled this outfit!

    Mindy

    www.kindofluxe.com

    ReplyDelete