Friday, February 21, 2014

Flashback Friday - Dirty Dancing appreciation

What's your favorite eighties movie? Mine is Dirty dancing for sure, although The Breakfast Club is a close second.. Nowadays almost every movie I watch is over twenty years old. I've also given up on music that is younger than twenty-five years old (Arctic monkeys, Beyonce and Vampire Weekend the only exceptions).
What fascinates me the most about eighties movies is not the heartwarming love stories, wicked dance moves or hot guys. No, it's the fashion. I've got this obsession with eighties-nineties fashion and I've had it for a while now. Sometimes I even get carried away while dressing myself and show up at school looking like a character from Clueless...
But today we're talking about Dirty Dancing. You've all seen it, Johnny Castle falls deeply in love with Frances aka Baby even though they don't get along at first. If you're not familiar with it yet you know what I'm talking about when I say "Nobody puts baby in a corner". Yep, that's the one. This movie is so incredibly fabulous and there's just something so special about it. Okay I thinks this is enough, I've just spent an hour and a half looking at pictures of Patrick Swayze... *blushes*
If you haven't seen this movie I suggest you look it up on Netflix right now, no excuses.
Below are my favorite outfits from the film.
Punk hugs
Maria

Look at those arms though, damn Swayze why'd you have to get old.

This dress is of course iconic.

L-O-V-E this outfit.

Wish it was acceptable to wear bodysuits like that in public *cries in the distance*


No comments:

Post a Comment